Well, for us in Canada, Thanksgiving has already come and gone, but for our American neighbours (or in their case neighbors) it’s Thanksgiving today. On a day like today I can’t help but be thankful. Of course I should be every day (and generally I am), but when someone says you should be thankful, you tend to be.
So… my list of things I’m thankful for include this…
- My wife. Without her, I’m not sure where I’d be today, or where I’d be tomorrow.
- My kids. I have great kids!! The best kids!! I have no complaints about any of them (well…. nothing major anyway 🙂
- My family upbringing. My Mom and Dad were great people who taught be many great things, my brother is a great guy, and my extended family aren’t all that bad 🙂
- My family-in-law. Arguments? VERY seldom!! Since my Mom and Dad have passed away, my mother and father-in-law have been my parents and I’m so glad I’ve known them for SO long!!
- My health. I complain about how tired I am, and my migraines and such, but hey!… I woke up this morning didn’t I?
- My job. I have a good job, with good pay, doing something I basically enjoy. There are days when I’d like to pack it in, but for the most part, I can’t complain. Besides the good job I have gives me the resources I need to help others, including my family and friends.
- My friends. I don’t have a lot of close friends (I’m basically in introvert at heart), but my friends and my friends. They’ve got to be good folk to put up with me!
- My faith. There’s no way I could cope without my faith in Jesus Christ. Some people would call that a crutch, but would you deny someone who couldn’t walk the use of a crutch if it would help them? We all need help in different areas and crutches are good things! (Oh yeah, He also falls under the category of “My friends”.)
Well, that’s certainly not an exhaustive list. I could go on for hours about all things that God has given me, all the relationships that He’s helped me nurture, all the blessings He’s given me through other people, but it’s almost the end of the work day, and for that I’m also thankful.