In the early morning hours of March 11, 2001, Japan was struck by a powerful 8.9 earthquake followed by a Tsunami that left the nation devastated.
While Compassion does not have relief operations in Japan, we would encourage you to consider supporting disaster victims by giving to any of the following Christian relief organizations:
- ADRA Canada
- Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (CRWRC)
- ERDO (Emergency Relief & Development Overseas)
- FH (Food for the Hungry)
- Global Initiatives: Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada
- Habitat for Humanity Canada
- The Salvation Army
- Samaritan’s Purse Canada
- Churches Helping Churches
Please join us in expressing our condolences for those who have lost family and friends and pray with us that through the efforts of these fine organizations, hope will be restored to the people of Japan.
Source: Compassion Canada
Date: 16 Mar 2011
All of these are worthy organizations who are working to help out those in need. Of course, there are others as well, but these are offered as suggestions from Compassion.