Menu Close

Want to Sponsor a Child but Live Outside North America?

CALogo_2col_smlThe other day a colleague of mine who is from another country (we’re both working on a project together, and he’s only in Canada for another month of so) asked me how someone outside the USA or Canada could sponsor a child through Compassion.  I had to admit, I didn’t know, but I was certain a quick email to Compassion International in the US would tell me.

Sure enough!  Within a few hours I had the answer, and I while I passed it onto him, I thought why not pass it on to anyone who happens to stumble across my blog 🙂

Compassion’s response to be enquiry was as follows…

Dear Murray,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Compassion has offices in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, South Korea, Netherlands, New Zealand, Scandinavia, Switzerland, UK, Ireland and the USA.

Your friend is welcome to select a child through Compassion USA or any one of the above mentioned countries. If he selects a child through the USA, he will need to make his donation in US currency or through a wire transfer to Compassion USA, including a credit or debit card. The other countries would need the donation done in their currency as well.

Thank you for partnering with Compassion! Please let me know if you have further questions.

So there you have it!

And you thought you just read my blog for fun?  Hey, you can learn something too!! 🙂


PS.  Thanks to a reader (Thanks Aimee!) the link to ALL the country offices is on this map (well, most anyway.  The others are linked above).

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.