Today is a momentous day in my life. At exactly 11:00am today (Nov 3rd, 2010) I will have been married to the best wife ANY man could ever have for 10,000 days! I could never have expected that that one day would have changed my life so dramatically for the better. So let me tell you a bit about her…
- She is clearly the best wife anyone could want.
- She is kind and loving.
- She is extremely good looking :).
- She’s always looking out for me and tries to keep me healthy.
- She loves God more than anything else and wants to be sure that everyone else knows about the grace of our Father as well.
- She is passionate about everything she does whether it be in the home, in the church, or in the community.
- She is compassionate with everyone she comes in contact with.
- She is the best mother to my kids that anyone could ever want – always guiding them and doing what is best for them even if it means sacrificing something she wants for herself.
- She’s my best friend!!
- And there are LOTS of other things I could be saying about here as well.
The bottom line is that she is the epitome of the Proverbs 31 woman.
A good woman is hard to find,
and worth far more than diamonds.
Her husband trusts her without reserve,
and never has reason to regret it.
Never spiteful, she treats him generously
all her life long.
She shops around for the best yarns and cottons,
and enjoys knitting and sewing.
She’s like a trading ship that sails to faraway places
and brings back exotic surprises.
She’s up before dawn, preparing breakfast
for her family and organizing her day.
She looks over a field and buys it,
then, with money she’s put aside, plants a garden.
First thing in the morning, she dresses for work,
rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started.
She senses the worth of her work,
is in no hurry to call it quits for the day.
She’s skilled in the crafts of home and hearth,
diligent in homemaking.
She’s quick to assist anyone in need,
reaches out to help the poor.
She doesn’t worry about her family when it snows;
their winter clothes are all mended and ready to wear.
She makes her own clothing,
and dresses in colorful linens and silks.
Her husband is greatly respected
when he deliberates with the city fathers.
She designs gowns and sells them,
brings the sweaters she knits to the dress shops.
Her clothes are well-made and elegant,
and she always faces tomorrow with a smile.
When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say,
and she always says it kindly.
She keeps an eye on everyone in her household,
and keeps them all busy and productive.
Her children respect and bless her;
her husband joins in with words of praise:
“Many women have done wonderful things,
but you’ve outclassed them all!”
Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades.
The woman to be admired and praised
is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God.
Give her everything she deserves!
Festoon her life with praises!
Sorry guys. She’s taken 😉
I thank God every day for her, and the last 10,000 days have been SUCH a joy and blessing to me. I pray that we’ll have another 10,000 or 15,000 or even more together.