I ran across this piece on Facebook today and couldn’t resist capturing it here. Enjoy (and hopefuly you don’t see yourself in between the lines)!
12 Reasons Why A Pastor Quit Attending Sports Events
- The coach never came to visit me.
- Every time I went, they asked me for money.
- The people sitting in my row didn’t seem very friendly.
- The seats were very hard.
- The referees made a decision I didn’t agree with.
- I was sitting with hypocrites—they only came to see what others were wearing!
- Some games went into overtime and I was late getting home.
- The band played some songs I had never heard before.
- The games are scheduled on my only day to sleep in and run errands.
- My parents took me to too many games when I was growing up.
- Since I read a book on sports, I feel that I know more than the coaches, anyway.
- I don’t want to take my children because I want them to choose for themselves what sport they like best.
I tried to find out who the original author of this piece was, but it appears to have been floating around on the Internet for so long that the original has been lost (or at least I couldn’t find it!). If anyone knows of the original piece, feel free to let me know so I can properly attribute the author here. To whoever wrote it, I’m thankful you did 🙂
By the way, have a great “Thanksday“!