Red Lobster is one of our family’s favourite restaraunts. We just love the unlimited buscuits they serve. These “Cheese Garlic Biscuits” are very similar, if not the same as those served at Red Lobster. The original recipe came off Facebook from Jenn Abadie Scioneaux but I’ve modified it just slightly 🙂
Ingredients (recipe makes 1 dozen)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
For the Topping:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of flour mixture.
- Add the milk and cheddar cheese; stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- While baking the biscuits, get the topping ready.
- Mix together melted butter, garlic powder and parsley.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and immediately brush with the topping mixture.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.