Well, since my blog site seems to get the most hits for my recipe for Kapow Shrimp, I figured I’d post this recipe that was originally from the Kraft Kitchen’s website, but we modified based on information that had been posted in the comments section. The reaction when we whipped this up was “You can make this every night Mom!” So…. here it is….
Baked Chicken Enchiladas
- 1/3 Cup of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread
- 3-1/2 Cups of Salsa (we used Medium)
- 1/2 of a 14oz can of black beans, rinsed (aka 7oz)
- 2-1/2 cups of chopped, cooked chicken (add some TexMex seasoning, if desired)
- 1-1/3 cups (or more) shredded cheese – marble, or pre-shredded, bagged cheese
- 10 small tortillas
- Heat oven to 375F
- Microwave cream cheese spread in medium microwavable bowl (we used a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup) on MEDIUM for 30 seconds, or just until warmed. Add 1/2 cup of Salsa. MIx until well blended. Stir in the remaining Salsa and beans.
- Combine chicken, 3/4 cup of the mixture above and 1/3 cup of shredded cheese.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the centre of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam-side down, in a 13″ x 9″ baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top the tortillas with remaining bean mixture and shredded cheese.
- Bake 25 – 35 minutes or until enchiladas and heated through and cheese is melted.
That’s it. Enjoy!!!